Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I live in NW Ontario with my 4 daughters and 2 cocker spaniels. Quilting is a major passion of mine both piecing and longarm machine quilting. I love scrap quilting and have been working on busting stash for a few years now.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Child and Youth Worker Quilt



This quilt was made to be raffled off in support of the bursary fund for Child and Youth Worker Students at Confederation College. The CYW's that work at the Childrens Centre in Thunder Bay are so dedicated in the work they do. My daughter Mary 14 yrs is holding the quilt.




The blocks are part of a leader ender project that I started a few years ago after Bonnie Hunter shared hers with the Stashbusters group. The blocks are comprised of 2 4 1/2" half sq triangles and 2 4 1/2" four patches. The first quilt that I made using the same blocks is a king size and the raffle is a lap quilt. My 16 yr old daughter Emily is using a lot of the left overs for a baby quilt which I'll add to this post when finished.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelina said...

This quilt is beautiful. I really like the color selection. I love scrappy quilts.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home