Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I live in NW Ontario with my 4 daughters and 2 cocker spaniels. Quilting is a major passion of mine both piecing and longarm machine quilting. I love scrap quilting and have been working on busting stash for a few years now.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Silver Islet

What a beautiful afternoon! Today a friend and I went to visit Silver Islet and also the Sea Lion.
This once small mining town is now a home to many summer camps. (as they are known in the Thunder Bay area others would call them summer cottages) The camps are all close together and many are within a few feet of the narrow road that winds through the area. They all enjoy a spectacular view of Lake Superior. Many of the camps date back to the late 1800's and have always fascinated me. This is an area so rich in history.









I spent some time there as a girl with a friend and her family and I have so many memories of it. Back then the store was an abandoned building and now its been restored, and now opens during the summer
 /
now restored:



This was such a fun place to explore and one place I really liked to hike to was the Sea Lion, we used to like to climb it, which looking at it now I realize wasn't such a smart thing to do... The picture I found of it isn't quite how it looked today, we still have snow and there are no leaves. The lake looks inviting but it is always freezing. The hike was great and only a little challenging at times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wendy,
What a beautiful area that you live by.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home