Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I live in NW Ontario with my 4 daughters and 2 cocker spaniels. Quilting is a major passion of mine both piecing and longarm machine quilting. I love scrap quilting and have been working on busting stash for a few years now.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Seaside Rose

Every spring break I like to drive down to the states for the day with some of my girls. Its a rare thing these days to get all of my girls together for such an outing. There are 3 quilt shops I love to visit and there are also gift shops and the nicest place in Beaver Bay MN called the Lemon Wolf that we like to have lunch. Last year I found the Seaside Rose collection, the owner had just put it on the shelf and when I saw it I knew I had to have it and make myself a bed quilt with it. Then she showed me the Summer Wind Pattern and that was that...the end of my no buying season...and the beginning of what I call collection quilting.
I did the piecing in a couple of days, I was dealing with some heavy stress and piecing always calms my nerves. It looks perfect on my bed and is so warm, it has a wool batt.


My youngest daughter Katie also loves this collection and so I bought the pieced fabric and quilted a simple quilt for her.



Katie and her quilts back





This is the quilt that lives under my seaside rose quilt and on top of my duvet (that my oldest 2 girls gave me for Christmas) I used the Sisters Choice pattern from Bonnies site. It was the first quilt I pieced after a 5 year break due to starting the new life. My youngest really pushed me as she wanted to sew and once I got going...this is also the first bed quilt I quilted on my longarm, I was just playing but in the end I love how it turned out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alena said...

Wendy, what a beautiful quilts! I saw them already yesterday when I was visiting your web-site, I was impressed by your quilting, you can do really awsome things! Have a nice day.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

your quilts are beautiful. Very pretty colors

10:53 PM  
Blogger Leah Spencer said...

I really like how you set that Sister's Choice... now it's tempting me to make it. :)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home